Congratulations to LaTasha S. Mack, Fayetteville State University Elementary Education Major Elected to 2018-2019 SNCAE Board

LaTasha S. Mack was recently elected to the Student North Carolina Association of Educators (SNCAE) Board for 2018-2018, as the Region 6 Representative.  She is a member of FEC/SNCAE Academic Club and serves a Vice- President of the Elementary Majors Club.  She began pursuing a degree as an Elementary Education Major with a concentration in Special Education in 2016.

“While this journey has not been easy, I am right where I need to be.  For the first time in my life, I was surrounded by females in leadership roles that looked like me and most importantly believed in me.  Dr. Hudson, Dr. Lanier, and Mrs. Lammie challenged me to step out on faith. While many days I felt as though I was in over my head, they instilled in me the will to never give up, to push past despite my doubt. Because of them I was inspired to provide that same level of leadership, to be able to inspire others who may have the same fears and doubt.”

In the Spring of 2017 I sat in the audience of the SNCAE conference and stated that will be me. I wanted to provide wisdom, perspective, and guidance to others who have begun their journey as educators. As educators and future educators, we advocate for the equality of all children which is the number one goal, but I also wanted to provide that same encouragement to the men and women who are in our universities making every attempt to become the best educators they can be.  I vowed that in 2018, I would pursue every opportunity available that would provide me a platform to equip our future educators with the tools and support necessary to be successful in the classroom.

As the SNCAE Region 6 representative, I am responsible for bridging the communication gap within the SNCAE system.  The duties of this position include but is not limited to supporting the Universities within the North Carolina system. I am also responsible for providing educational opportunities within my region and supporting activities.